Albany KTC 2nd Annual Meditation-Thon
Thursday, September 13th - Sunday, September 16th
Opening Ceremony: September 13th, 12 Noon
Once again, Albany KTC will be holding a Meditation-Thon this year. Last year's event was a success by all measures. We were able to raise $5000, members were given the opportunity to strengthen their own meditation practices, and participants had the great fortune of meeting all kinds of people in Washington Park during the course of the event.
The Meditation-Thon is an effort to create a more peaceful world. The peace in our world is directly related to the peace found in each one of us. A peaceful world, therefore, is possible only when we are peaceful as individuals.
During the course of the four day event, at least one participant will be meditating at all times, day and night. The event will be held at Washington Park in Albany during the day, and at the nearby Little Moon Tibetan gift shop over night. Literature on Buddhism and meditation will be provided free of charge, as will meditation instruction. Local businesses have also donated products and services for prize drawings to be held at the end of the event.
This years event is a coordinated effort being undertaken by Karma Thegsum Chöling (KTC ) Buddhist centers across the United States. The goal is for the centers to collectively amass 720 hours, or 30 days, of meditation throughout the month of September.
In addition to raising awareness of the benefits of meditation, 80 percent of the funds raised will go towards the completion of Karma Triyana Dharmachakra (KTD) monastery. The remaining 20 percent will help support ongoing activities at Albany KTC. By supporting KTD and its affiliate KTC centers, a rich tradition of effective practices and teachings designed to cultivate more peace in our world is made available. Please consider supporting this important and worthwhile effort.
Footage from last years event